Tuesday 15 January 2013

Making the Opening Title for our Film

After it was exported.
Creating the 'Presents' animation.
Creating the 'Live Evil' animation.
After exporting the final version.
When making our film title we decided to split the film and company name between ourselves in order to speed up the making process.
I was given the task of creating the animation for film title `Live Evil` as well as the `presents` while my partner Anika was responsible for creating the animations for the film company name.

In order to create these titles I had to use a software I was previously unfamiliar with, Live Type, Luckily the software was very user friendly, which meant that I learned to use it quickly without any problems.
I really enjoyed using this software as it provided a range of effects and fonts which I could play around with before finally finding the one which best fit the image of my film.
Adding a mirror affect onto 
the 'Live Evil' animation

After creating and exporting both of my files, I opened a new program called iMovie.
Here I imported all of the files including Anika's 'Pandora Pictures', in order to place them, starting with the film company and ending with the film name.
This program provided me with new features that I could use on the opening title, such as background music and sound effects.
I decided to apply a different background song to each of the animation in order to add individuality to them and make sure that they each have a song that matches their transition. For example the song used for the company name mirrors the movement it makes and ends with a 'bam!' to illustrate that the full name is shown and that it's the end of that animation.
Exporting the finished opening title.
The presents has a more mysterious sound that mimics the way it slowly creeps into the screen. Half way through the presents I also added the sound of foot steps to match the pace the blue shadow appears in. This foots steps continue into the film title to represent the movement from one animation to the other.
The finished opening title.
Finally the I decided to apply an unusual background sound to the film title, the sound of a volcano erupting. I chose this sound because it matches well with the movement of the font, its shaky and unsettle like the animation.

In addition to the sounds I also added a mirror effect to the film title in order to take advantage of the fact that 'Evil' is 'Live' backwards. Adding this effect means that the public will have to read the letters backwards because of the distorted image, which shows that something isn't quite right and mirrors the film itself.


This is the final finished film opening title.

No comments:

Post a Comment