Thursday 25 April 2013

Live Evil: Extended Version Complete

Today I finally finished editing the extended version of my film Live Evil.
I added various different sound effects that were missing to add tension and create a horror film atmosphere in my movie. Some of the sound effects were also used in the trailer for continuity and in order to make a link between both of the products which helps to create brand recognition . This was further reinforced by the company logo that I placed at the end of the credits in the film, since it is also found on the film poster.

One of the changes I made to the sound in my film was to remove the audio in the scene where Rebecca watches the movie on the laptop since it wasn't very clear and slightly squeaky, then added the original audio from the scene edited earlier over it.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, me and Cherry Whipp re-recorded our lines for the end scene because the dialogue couldn't be heard very well. However before replacing the old file with the new one, I decided to look through the different audio options on Finalcut in order to see if there were any tools that could make the dialogue clearer.
This is the version with the original audio after using the 'Voice enhance' option on FinalCut.

This is the extended version with rerecorded audio.
After receiving some feedback from my target audience I decided to use the original for the FinalCut version of my film audio instead.
This is the final entended version of my movie. It is 7 minutes long, howerver due to the time limit I had to remove some of the scenes in order for my film to only be 5 minutes long. This included the last wcene where the relationship between Amber and Rebecca is further explored through the use of a voiceover. This might create some confusion in relation to the films narrative but I decided to end the film after Rebecca is killed for a second time since that scene was already powerful enough and provided a good enough ending for my movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment