Wednesday 27 March 2013

TRAILER: Sound Effects


Despite the FinalCut program providing me with a large library of sound effects, I decided to look online for other sounds as well that I can use not only in my film but also in my film trailer.
Http://soundbible.com/ was one of the websites I came across. Here I was able to find royalty free sound effects for my film that were eerie and matched my movie perfectly. One of the effect I found was the sound of ravens. Despite our microphones picking up a great amount of quality ambient sounds during the cemetery scenes, I could still use this for other scenes where the ambient sounds weren't that scary for example the walking scene where not much can be heard apart from cars.



Free Sound Clips
Another sound effect I found was of a killer movie scene. I really liked how it builds up and ends with a 'bam' that repeats and fades. I think this sound would be highly suitable for the killing scene at the end of the movie, since the scene fades to black and the bam can replace the actual sound of the hitting.

Free Sound Clips

An additional sound effect I found was called 'Poltergeist sound'. Despite this sound not  being very suitable for my film since it sounds very supernatural which isn't what my movie is focused on. The beginning can still be used to set the scene on my movie trailer since it sound eerie and distorted.

Free Sound Clips

No comments:

Post a Comment